Welcome to LESPWA International's blog. Please follow our page to learn about our work in Haiti

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Update on the first day from Lori!

We arrived to the village of MacDonald at about 8 last night.,  After getting ourselves partially set up and ready for the first night here, we did not have the opportunity to send out a message.  All air mattresses, batteries, flashlights, and immediate needs were taken care of.  I slept at Barbs who has graciously hosted me for this trip.  I was very cool overnight and had to find a cover for myself.  I hope the guys felt the same cool breeze.  I was up early with all the morning sounds of the village waking.  I do wonder if the roosters ever sleep here though!  I am going to walk over to the home where the men are at and begin the process of more unpacking and sorting.  We are going for a walk to show the area a bit in daylight and plan and prepare for the first basketball game tonight.  I think they are looking forward to that immensely /  they have all been so kind to me. I have barely had to lift a thing.  I might be a bit spoiled after this trip.  I will  be getting a phone later today and send another contact number.  We will have a few calls sent out soon.\Your prayers are coveted.  Bodne beni ou!   God bless you!   Lori

1 comment:

  1. Don't get too spoiled, you need to keep those retracter arms strong!

    ReplyDelete