CHOCOLATE COFFEE FUDGE
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder -- Special dark is best
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup light cream
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 Tbls instant coffee granuals
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
Line 8" square pan with foil. Lightly grease with butter.
Mix sugar, cocoa,cinnamon & salt in medium bowl.
Heat butter, cream & coffee in small saucepan until butter melts.
Remove from heat & add vanilla.
Pour into sugar mixture & mix well.
Stir in chopped nuts.
Place in prepared pan, spread with spoon or pat with buttered hands.
Chill - minimum 1 hour
Lift from pan & cut into 1" squares with sharp knife.
Store in air tight container & store in fridge.
Sue Bartenstein is trying this with daughter Erin
Chocolate Cheesecake(From Hershey’s Cocoa website)
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Original recipe does not call for additional sugar, but if you like a little sweeter cheesecake add 1/3 cup sugar
- Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 300°F.
- Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in cocoa until smooth; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl. Add cocoa mixture; beat well. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, and optional additional sugar if desired; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until set. (Center will be soft.) Remove pan from oven to wire rack; loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. To serve, garnish as desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Garnish as desired. 12 servings.
Amy Stader is rolling these out
Healthy German-Chocolate Fudge Bites
*3/4 cup pitted dates
*1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
*1/16 tsp. salt
*2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
*2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
*1/2 raw cup pecans
*handful of dark chocolate chips (more if you REALLY LOVE chocolate!!)
Blend all ingredients together very well using a food processor. Squish the dough together. (I transfer the dough to a plastic bag then mush it together in the bag. It’s much less messy this way!) Roll into balls, cookie-cutter shapes or bars. You can even use it for a pie crust!
This recipe makes 12-20 small balls.