Welcome to LESPWA International's blog. Please follow our page to learn about our work in Haiti

Friday, March 18, 2011

Greetings from the team leader! Ha-I think they don't need me,,,but I keep letting them know they really do. What a great team and so much joy they give to the people here. We are learning and growing in ways that we never dreamed of. The days (as you may have noticed) do not always go according to our plan. For whatever reason, they are designed in a way that is even better than the one we thought was on the agenda. In the changes and challenges, each team member rises above it. They are really all doing well and I am mothering them (smothering them) so they will appreciate all you moms back home awaiting the end of this journey. They have been a joy and delight to me personally, and to each place we visit. The Word is alive in them and their actions show it. Thank you for allowing me to have this place in time with them. None of us will ever be the same!
Three of the guys are practicing praise music as I type. Another is gathering the group for morning devotions. We are off to another orphanage to do clinic and soccer and fun and then
to an overnight with the youth from Michel's church.
Continue to pray-we know it is the source of our strength.
Lori

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I had tears in my eyes as I read this post. Do you know what a blessing you are??? I think not so I'm telling you once again. I am so at peace with Lydia being there with you because I know you love her. And of course, our loving Heavenly Father is keeping her in the palm of His hand. Thank you for guiding and protecting my daughter as she walks out her faith in such practical ways there in Haiti. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also cried when I read this and I dont care if you mother smother you do what you need to to make me feel secure and them as well. You are a great role model and mom to the team and I cant tell you how much at ease I am at having chelse in your care. So much so that Rynnie is holding me to her being able to go in two years. Only with you. If you knew me you would know that when someone wants to take my children them theres are some fightin words but not for you. Thank you for having a servants heart and a heart after God. I am so glad that chelse has been able to serve right along side you. Continue to mirror Jesus to the people of Haiti and shine your lights bright. Say hi to the team and we are continuing in prayer for all of you. Love you like a sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like!

    ...There should be a "like" button for post and comments like on facebook... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let all of you know I saw my first robins yesterday, March 18th and they were singing their glorious song this morning! Thank-you for the updates and tell grandpa Grayson misses him.

    ReplyDelete